Serves: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 8 ears sweet corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow and 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup finely diced red or sweet onion
- 8 ounces arugula, rinsed, dried, and trimmed
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, toasted
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander, toasted
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the broiler. Set the oven rack about 5 inches below the heating element.
- Brush the ears of corn with the olive oil and set them on a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet. Broil the corn, turning a few times, for 5 to 10 minutes, until evenly tender and lightly browned on all sides. Set aside to cool. Cut the kernels from the ears. Place the corn in a large bowl with the roasted peppers and onion and toss to mix.
- For the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, cumin, coriander, and cayenne. Whisk to blend and season to taste with salt.
- Pour the dressing over the corn mixture and toss to blend. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, or refrigerate up to 2 hours in advance. Taste the salad for seasoning, adding more salt to taste.
- Just before serving, arrange the arugula leaves on a serving platter or individual plates and spoon the corn salad over.