Serves: Makes 8 servings
- 8 ounces fusilli or rotini pasta
- 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 6 green onions, minced
- ¾ cup diced sweet onion
- ¾ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- ½cup diced sweet pickles tangy yogurt Dressing
- ½ cup plain yogurt (not nonfat), preferably Greek
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook for about 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain the pasta well, place in a large bowl, and let cool slightly. Add the roasted peppers, celery, green onions, sweet onion, olives, and pickles and stir to mix.
- For the dressing, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, and mustard in a medium bowl until well blended. Whisk in the olive oil, basil, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, and pickle juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and stir to thoroughly incorporate. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Taste the salad again for seasoning before serving, adding more salt or pepper if needed.