Serves: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1¾ cups frozen petite peas
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces crabmeat, picked over to remove bits of shell or cartilage
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1¼ cups fresh bean sprouts
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- ⅓cup mayonnaise
- ⅓cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a small pan of salted water to a boil, add the frozen peas, and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain well and set aside to cool. Place the water chestnuts in a small bowl, pour boiling water over to cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Drain well and dice.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, crème fraîche, lemon juice, curry powder, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the cooled peas, chestnuts, crabmeat, shrimp, celery, bean sprouts, and green onions. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to mix. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld.