Serves: Makes about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound lamb scraps from racks
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 cups top-quality beef broth
Procedures:If you don’t have enough trimmings from the rack of lamb, buy some inexpensive lamb blade or shoulder chops to use for the stock.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the lamb scraps, and brown well on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes longer, until the vegetables are browned. Add the wine and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the beef broth and simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes, until the stock is reduced by one-third. Strain.