Serves: Makes 2 quarts
- 2 cups sugar
- ⅓ cup instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ¼ cup Cognac or other brandy
- Combine the sugar, espresso powder, cocoa powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir to mix. Add the boiling water and stir until the sugar dissolves. Set aside until cooled to room temperature.
- Stir the half-and-half and whipping cream into the sugar mixture, then add the Cognac. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.