Serves: Makes 12 to 16 servings
- 1½ cups top-quality peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2½ cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls, for serving (see below)
- Chocolate fudge sauce, for serving
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1½ cups fine graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- For the graham cracker crust, preheat the oven to 375°F. Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar in a medium bowl until well blended. Press the crumbs evenly onto the bottom and up the side of a 9- or 10-inch pie pan. Bake the crust for 6 to 8 minutes, until lightly browned. Set aside to cool completely.
- Cream together the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and melted butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Whip 1½ cups of the whipping cream in another bowl until soft peaks form, then whip in the vanilla extract. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture in 3 or 4 batches. Pour the filling into the cooled pie shell. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, whip the remaining 1 cup whipping cream until soft peaks form. Cut the chilled pie into individual pieces and top each piece with a generous dollop of whipped cream. Finish with a sprinkle of chocolate curls and/or a drizzle of fudge sauce.