Serves: Makes 1 quart
- 1½ cups water
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pure pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons Campari (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Combine the water, sugar, and corn syrup in a small saucepan and warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool completely.
- Stir the pomegranate juice, Campari, lemon zest, and lemon juice into the sugar syrup. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Pour the chilled sorbet base into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and freeze until set, at least 2 hours. The sorbet may need to sit at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes to be soft enough to scoop.