Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 medium carrot, julienned, blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1¼ lbs.), shredded and squeezed dry
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped shallots
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 Grey sole filets (about 1 lb.)
- 3-4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. soft unsalted butter
- Paprika, to taste
- 2-3 Tbs. water, as needed
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
Heat the oven to 425°F.
Heat the butter and oil in a 12-inch All-Clad Fry Pan. Add the shallots and sauté on low heat for about one minute. Increase the heat to medium and add the zucchini and sauté until the liquid evaporates and the zucchini is tender. Stir frequently for even cooking. Do not overcook. Remove from the heat; add the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and thyme. Salt and pepper to taste. Cool completely before filling fish filets.
Generously butter an All-Clad 8-inch Square Baker. Rinse and dry the fish filets and place them on a sheet of wax paper, smooth side up with the wide end closest to you. Sprinkle each filet with lemon juice and lightly season with salt and pepper. Spread the zucchini filling evenly over the filets smoothing the surface with a small spatula. Place 2 to 3 strips of carrots at the wide end and roll each filet toward the tail. Place the roulades in the pan, tail side down. Spread a little of the soft butter on the top of each roulade and sprinkle lightly with paprika. Bake for 15 minutes. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of hot water to the pan and baste each roulade. Add the cherry tomatoes and bake for another 3 to 4 minutes.