Serves: Serves 6 to 8
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 yellow bell peppers, halved, seeds and core removed
- 2 red bell peppers halved, seeds and core removed
- 2 orange bell peppers halved, seeds and core removed
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 large onions, peeled, halved and cut into ¼" slices, cutting from the stem end to the core
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup pitted, coarsely chopped Kalamata olives
- 3¾ cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbs. capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 ¾ tsp. dried oregano
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped parsley
- 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 Tbs. olive oil, for drizzling
Position the oven rack six inches below the broiler. Heat the oven to low broil. Line a rimmed All-Clad baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and arrange the peppers skin side up. Lightly brush with olive oil and broil until the skin is charred and well blistered, about 10 minutes. Watch carefully.
Remove from oven and enclose the peppers in the foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, unwrap the foil and remove the skins from the peppers with a paring knife. Slice into 1/4-inch strips and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch All-Clad fry pan and sauté the onions over medium-low heat until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, olives, basil, capers, and oregano then cook one minute longer. Mix in the roasted peppers, parsley and vinegar. Cook until heated through.
Position the rack to the middle of the oven. Heat to 500°F. Lightly oil the bottom of a 12 x 15-inch All-Clad shallow baker. Season each breast with salt and pepper. Brush lightly with olive oil and arrange in the prepared pan. Top each breast with the pepper mixture, dividing it equally. Mound the peppers onto the breast, being sure to cover it completely. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon of olive oil over each breast. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes, depending on the size of the breasts. Do not over bake.