Serves: Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed and boiled until just tender
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Procedures:This recipe combines Yukon Gold potatoes with honey, cumin and curry to create a sweet and spicy dish that can be enjoyed at lunch or dinner.
Heat a hard anodized sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the butter, red onion and garlic; sweat for about two minutes.
Add the mustard seeds, cumin and curry powder and toast in the pan for one minute. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Pour in the vinegar and cover the pan with a lid for one minute. Add the honey and stir so all the ingredients are coated. Take the pan off the heat and add the cilantro.