Serves: Makes 7½ cups
- 1 ½-2 c. water
- ¾ lb. romaine lettuce, rough chopped, about 1 head
- ½ head large bunch or ¾ small bunch spinach
- 3–4 celery stalks, halved
- 1 apple, cored, quartered
- 1 pear, cored, quartered
- 1 banana, peeled
- ½ lemon, peeled, seeded
- ⅓ bunch cilantro with stems (optional)
- ⅓ bunch parsley with stems (optional)
Procedures:Recipe is for the Vitamix® 5200 blender with standard 64 oz container. If you use a different Vitamix, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable speed, processing time or the quantity of ingredients.
Place water, romaine, spinach, celery, and optional ingredients, if using, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 8. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. Stop machine and remove lid.
Add apple, pear, banana and lemon juice to container in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.