Serves: Makes 3 to 4 servings
- 1 bag baby spinach, washed
- 1½ tbsp.golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. shallots, minced
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- 2 pears, cut into ½ inch thick wedges
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 6 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Optional: Garnish with walnut or pecan pieces
Procedures:In a bowl combine the vinegar, mustard, honey and shallots and mix well. While whisking quickly, slowly add the oil to form a vinaigrette. Set aside and reserve to dress the salad.
In a medium high pan melt the butter. Add the pears and sear until well browned. Turn the pears over and sear on the other side as well. Set aside. Doing this in a non stick pan may help to achieve a better result.