Ingredients:For the S’mores:
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ tablespoons cornstarch
- 24 graham crackers
- 8 chocolate bars
- 1 batch homemade vanilla marshmallows (recipe follows)
- Sprinkles (optional)
For the marshmallows:
- 3 packets (2½ tablespoons) gelatin
- ¾ cup cold water, for blooming gelatin
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Procedures:One bite through soft vanilla marshmallow, crunchy graham cracker, and rich chocolate is sweet bliss.
- Combine cornstarch and confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and dust with the cornstarch/sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Break graham crackers in half and the chocolate bars into small sections—about the same size as the graham cracker pieces. Sandwich the chocolate between the graham crackers. Set aside.
- Pour gelatin and cold water into your stand mixer bowl and combine. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, water, honey and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Using a spatula, stir the mixture to combine the ingredients. Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan and cook the sugar mixture on high heat without stirring until it reaches 245°F. The mixture will foam and bubble; this is normal.
- When the sugar mixture reaches 245°F, immediately remove from heat and pour directly onto the gelatin. Use a spatula to scrape the sides and mix with the bloomed gelatin.
- Using the whisk attachment, whip on high speed until white soft peaks are reached, about 5–7 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add vanilla extract; return to high for 30 seconds.
- Once the marshmallow is fully whipped, remove the bowl from the mixer, but keep the marshmallow in the mixer bowl. Dip each of the graham cracker/chocolate sandwiches into the marshmallow then transfer to the dusted baking sheet.
- Once all of the graham crackers have been dipped, decorate with desired sprinkles or dust with remaining cornstarch/sugar mixture.
- Allow the finished Inside-Out S’mores to set for at least one hour.
Prepare the vanilla marshmallows: