Serves: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- ½ cup fine bulgur
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup boiling-hot water
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (from 3 bunches)
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- ½ seedless cucumber, peeled, cored, and cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Procedures:The classic light and refreshing Middle Eastern salad is bright with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and fresh herbs.
Stir together bulgur and 1 tablespoon oil in a heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water over, then cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand 15 minutes. Drain in a sieve, pressing on bulgur to remove any excess liquid.
Transfer bulgur to a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients, including 2 tablespoons oil, until combined well.