Serves: Makes 4 Servings
- 1½ -to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced)
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1½ lbs. large sea scallops
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Procedures:Elegant scallops heated by a touch of curry then perfectly seared make a tender and delicious appetizer.
Place the scallops in a large bowl. Combine the curry powder, garlic, thyme and oil and rub over the scallops.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the scallops and reduce the heat to medium-high. Cook the scallops, shaking and tossing, until firm to the touch and ivory white inside, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.