Serves: Makes about 2 cups
- 2 firm, ripe mangoes (preferably Champagne), peeled and cut into ¼ dice (about 1½ cups)
- ½ seedless cucumber (about 6 inches), peeled and cut into ¼ inch dice
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, cut into ¼ inch dice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 Serrano or jalapeno chili, stemmed and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
Procedures:Freshen up with the flavor of vibrant and juicy mangos, cucumber, cilantro and a little kick from Serrano chile or jalapeno pepper.
Peel and pit the mangos and cut the flesh into ¼-inch dice.
Cut the cucumber into ¼-inch dice. Cut the bell pepper into ¼-inch dice.
In a medium bowl, toss together the mangoes, cucumber, bell pepper, cilantro, and jalepeño.
Add the lime juice, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro stem if desired. Set aside for 30 minutes before serving.