Serves: Makes 10 servings
- 26.4 oz warm water
- 2.6 oz yeast
- 5.3 oz durum wheat flour
- 1 oz Sicilian Sea Salt with Black Olives Academia Barilla
- 2 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil 100% Italiano Academia Barilla
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil Monti Iblei DOP Academia Barilla
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic
- 28 oz Peeled Cherry Tomatoes Academia Barilla
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5.3 oz anchovy
- 5.3 oz cheese (Caciocavallo or Pecorino Dolce)
In a measuring cup stir together water and yeast until yeast is dissolved. In a large bowl whisk together flour and salt, olive oil and add yeast mixture, stirring until a soft dough forms. On a lightly floured surface knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Let dough rest for 1 hour.
Place pizza stone the oven and preheat oven to 475°F. The stone needs to heat in the oven for ½—1 hour before baking pizza.
While dough is resting, in a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat and sauté onions for about 8-10 minutes until onions are soft. Add garlic and tomatoes to the onions and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook mixture for 15—20 minutes, until tomatoes breakdown and sauce is aromatic.
Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, stretching corners with your hands to form a ¼-inch thick, 12 inch round. (Dough will be easier to roll out as it warms.) Transfer to a floured pizza peel and top lightly with sauce, anchovies, cheese and drizzle with a few drops of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Monti Iblei DOP Academia Barilla, to taste. Bake pizza 15—20 minutes, or until dough is crisp and browned; transfer with pizza peel to a cutting board.