Serves: Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted piquillo peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded peeled plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound asparagus spears, steamed and cooled
- 1 hard-cooked large egg
- 1½ teaspoons capers
Procedures:Piquillo peppers from Northern Spain add a distinctly sweet, spicy and smoky flavor without heat to this delicious salad.
Place 1 tablespoon parsley, shallots, salt, and garlic in a mortar or small bowl; grind with a pestle until mixture forms a smooth paste. Stir in piquillo peppers and tomato. Add vinegar, oil, mustard and black pepper, stir well to combine. Place asparagus in a shallow dish and drizzle with pepper mixture. Gently toss asparagus and pepper mixture, using a serving fork and spoon. Place asparagus on a serving platter.
Cut egg in half lengthwise; remove and reserve the yolk for another use. Chop egg white. Sprinkle egg white, capers, and remaining tablespoon of parsley evenly over asparagus.