Serves: Serves 5 to 6
- ¾ pound small shrimp, shelled
- Kosher or sea salt
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons amontillado (medium-dry) sherry
Procedures:This popular Spanish tapas is a scrumptious symphony of fresh shrimp, a splash of sherry and lots and lots of garlic.
Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and let sit for 10 minutes. In a shallow casserole, preferably earthenware, heat the oil with the garlic and parsley until the garlic begins to sizzle.
Add the shrimp and stir until they are opaque. Add the sherry, salt to taste, and cook over medium heat for a minute or two until the sherry evaporates and the sauce thickens slightly. Serve immediately, in the casserole.