Serves: Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup macaroni
- ½ container cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. olive oil, separated
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Scant ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs, toasted
Procedures:Cooking time in microwave: 12 minutes.
The Lékué Pasta Cooker is much faster than making pasta on the stove-top because you don’t have to wait for the water to boil, plus, it’s a 3-in-1 pot, strainer and mixing bowl.
* Testing conducted on 800W microwave. Follow the packaging instructions and adjust to your microwave and tastes.
In the Lékué Ogya or Steam Case, put the cherry tomatoes, garlic, red onion, salt, and 1 tsp. olive oil. Close lid and cook for 6 minutes.
Once finished, leave lid closed and set aside.
Place the macaroni into the Lékué Pasta Cooker with enough water to cover the pasta. Add 1 tsp. olive oil, put the lid on, and cook for 12 minutes.
While macaroni is cooking, squeeze the cherry tomatoes with a fork to form a sauce. Add the pepper and mix to incorporate.
When macaroni is finished cooking, remove from microwave, flip the lid, and drain the water.
Pour the sauce into the steamer with the cooked macaroni and add half of the toasted bread crumbs and mix with a spoon.
Sprinkle more bread crumbs on top of the pasta just before eating.
* If you want more of a tomato based sauce, make a full container of cherry tomatoes in the same amount of time.