Serves: Yields 2 cups
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 4 ounces (100 g) jalapeño peppers
- 4 ounces (100 g) mild green chilies, canned
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) tomato paste
- ½ cup (10 g) fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preparation: 5 minutes
- Processing: 3–5 seconds
Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
Select Variable 1.
Turn machine on and quickly increase speed variable to 4 or 5.
Blend for 3 to 5 seconds or until the desired consistency is reached. Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Do not over mix. You may add corn or black beans before serving for an interesting variation.
Serve with tortilla chips.