Serves: Makes 4 Cups
- 1 cup (240 ml) low sodium chicken, beef or vegetable broth
- 1½ cups (360 ml) skim milk
- ½ onion, peeled
- 3 medium potatoes, baked or boiled, with skin (reserve 1 potato), halved
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) spinach, cooked or frozen
- 5 ounces (140 g) chicken breast, skinned and boned, cooked and diced
- Salt to taste
Procedures:This easy chicken soup is a comforting alternative to the old standard.
Place broth, milk, onion, raw potatoes and rosemary into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure id.
Select variable 1.
Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to variable 10, then to high.
Blend for 4 to 5 seconds. Reduce speed to variable 3.
Remove the lid plug, add the spinach and remaining potato. Blend until potato is chopped, about 15 seconds. Drop in chicken and blend for an additional 5 seconds.
Top with garnish of choice and serve immediately.
Note: Use caution when processing hot liquids! Escaping steam or splatter may scald. Always lock lid plug onto lid and lid onto container to ensure safety.