Serves: Makes 8 cups
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 cups (720 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (160 g) chopped onion
- ¾ cup (180 ml) coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¾ cup (180 ml) coconut milk
- 2½ cups (610 g) canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, chopped
- Salt and pepper
Procedures:For an appetizing presentation, and an authentic dash of extra flavor, garnish this soup with chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts and sour cream.
Sauté onion in olive oil until soft. Add tomato paste, pumpkin, ginger, garlic, broth, coconut cream and coconut milk. Combine until thoroughly heated through.
Place mixture into the Vitamix container. Add chilies and lemon juice and secure lid.
Select purée program.
Switch machine to start and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.