- 1½ cups of kidney beans, rinsed
- 1½ cups of black beans, rinsed
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 8.4-oz. can of pomodorini tomatoes, or other whole canned tomatoes (about 1.5 cups)
- 4 cups of organic vegetable broth
For use with the Kenwood Cooking Chef Induction Kitchen Machine.
Tools and Accessories: Stirring tool and splash guard.
Warm up with this winter chili that’s vegetarian friendly! This recipe is cook and crowd-pleasing at its best. Prep your veggies and cooking is done in less than half an hour.
Cooking Time: 48 minutes. Cooking time is about 20 minutes if using canned beans.
Soak the dried kidney beans and black beans in water for 24 hours. Drain when done.
Add all the ingredients to the Cooking Chef bowl. Attach the stirring tool.
Set the temperature to 240°F on stir speed 2. After 15 minutes, turn to stir speed 3. At 8 minutes, remove the heat shield. After 25 minutes, turn off the time and temperature. Serve hot.
If you do not want to dice, use the thin slicing disc or chopping blade on the food processor to cut the vegetables.
You can replace fresh beans with canned beans:
- 1 15½-oz. can of kidney beans, rinsed (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 15½-oz. can of black beans (about 1.5 cups)
- Cooking time with canned beans only needs to be about 20 minutes or until desired consistency is reached