Serves: Yields 4 servings
- 1-½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, more for serving if desired
- ¼ medium cabbage, cored and thinly shredded
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Procedures:In a large saucepan, place potatoes, cover with water and place on the stove over a high heat to boil. Cook the potatoes until tender, about 25 minutes.
Using a colander, drain the potatoes, cut into large cubes, and set-aside.
Place the butter into a medium saucepan, and place on the stove over a medium-high heat. When the butter is melted, add the cabbage and sauté until the soft, about 5 minutes. Add the milk, cream, and mustard. Bring the mixture to a boil, add the potatoes and using a potato masher, purée the potatoes until smooth. Add the green onions to the mix, and using a wooden spoon, thoroughly combine throughout the potatoes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
To serve: Transfer the potato mixture to a bowl, and if desired, add additional dots of unsalted butter.