- Southwestern Zoodle Salad:
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 medium carrots, spiralized
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ear of roasted corn, stripped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- ½ cup feta
- Creamy Chipotle-Lime Dressing:
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste
- 1/8 teaspoon southwestern chipotle seasoning mix
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Procedures:Banish boring salads with this zesty mix of spiralized zucchini and carrots, black beans, tangy feta and creamy chipotle-lime dressing.
Place spiralized zucchini and carrots in a bowl. Add tomatoes and drained black beans; toss gently. Add feta and toss again.
Before roasting corn, place cob (with husk) in a pot with enough water to cover; soak at least 15 minutes.
Preheat grill pan or charcoal grill. Remove silks from corn but leave the husks.
Place corn on preheated grill. Cook turning occasionally, about 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, cool slightly and discard husks.
Cut the kernels from the cob and add to other prepped ingredients. Add salad dressing and toss thoroghly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Note: Chipotle paste can be left out for those who don’t like it too spicy.