Serves: Makes 4 8-inch pizzas
- 1 recipe Pizza Dough (included in pressure oven recipe guide)
- ½ cup fresh pesto (recipe follows)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 16 slices heirloom tomatoes, ¼-inch thick
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups shredded cheese (3 cups mozzarella, 2 cups fontina cheese)
Recipe courtesy Wolfgang Puck, Wolfgang Puck Makes it Healthy, Grand Central Publishing, 2014.
Makes about ½ cup or four 2-tablespoon servings.
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Procedures:Make the pesto: Put all the basil, garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon cold water in a small food processor. Process until smooth. Pulse in salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the pizza: Preheat the pressure oven to 450°F. and set the function to bake. Set the rack to the middle of the oven.
To prepare each individual pizza, dip a ball of dough in flour, shake off excess, and place on a clean lightly floured surface. Stretch the dough, pressing down on the center and spreading to an 8-inch circle with a slightly thicker rim.
Transfer the rolled out dough to a pizza screen. Lightly brush each pizza with extra virgin olive oil. Spread 2 tablespoons of pesto on each pizza dough and top with ¼ of the shredded cheese. Place 4 slices of heirloom tomatoes on top of the shredded cheese.
Place the assembled pizza with screen in the preheated pressure oven, bake for 9 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
Remove the pizza from the pressure oven and freshly grate Parmesan on each pizza. Cut into 4 equal slices and serve.