Serves: Makes 4 servings
- 2 ripe large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 medium balls (8 ounces) of fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
Procedures:Insalata Caprese, as it is known in Italy, is a simple salad made with fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, basil leaves and olive oil.
To prepare salad: Between 4 serving plates, arrange the tomatoes and mozzarella, layering in an alternating pattern around the plate. Lightly season the tomatoes and mozzarella with balsamic, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and top with basil leaves; serve immediately.