Shun ProSho Collection
Ask any professional and they’ll tell you—nothing compares to the scalpel-like precision of a single-bevel blade. The new Shun Pro Sho line features the same incredibly sharp chisel edges as in the past, combined with D-shaped Pakkawood handles for a secure and comfortable grip.
Beautiful graffiti-etched blades are made with high-carbon VG10 steel, which takes and holds an edge longer than comparable knives. Blade backs are gently hollow ground, creating an air pocket between the knife and the food being cut, so the knife glides through with quick precision. Wide shinogi (blade bevel) makes sharpening these knives on a whetstone practically effortless.
- Care: Hand wash
- Materials: VG10 stainless steel and pakkawood
- Nothing compares to the scalpel-like precision of a single-bevel blade.
- D-shaped Pakkawood handles for a secure and comfortable grip.
- High-carbon VG10 steel blades.
- Blade backs are hollow ground so knife glides through with quick precision.
- Wide shinogi (blade bevel) makes sharpening these knives on a whetstone practically effortless.
- Made in Japan.
KAI Corporation is a 99-year-old family-owned company located in Seki City, Japan. It is completely privately held, and is run by Mr. Koji Endo. He is the third generation to run the company. KAI is the major manufacturer and distributor of disposable razors, surgical tools, personal care products and housewares in Japan.
The Shun Housewares Division was started in December of 2002. At that time, there were no established sales and only 13 items in the Shun line. Today, the housewares team has built the division to its high position of prominence in the gourmet cutlery category.
KAI is also the owner of the famous US-made Kershaw pocket knives.