Baking with Ratios Not Recipes
- - Per Person
What You Will Learn
Grab your flour, eggs and butter and leave your recipe box behind as we explore the essence of the craft of cooking: ratios. Based on Michael Ruhlman's book Ratio, you'll learn in this class that you need not rely upon recipes to make great food. Simply remember proportions of ingredients to free yourself from books, recipe printouts and cards. From there you can improvise to make every dish your own. As Ruhlman puts it, "With [a] ratio, you don't have a single recipe, you have a thousand. Ratios are the launching point for infinite variations."
*Class bonus: Each participant will receive a copy of Ratio: The Simple Codes Behind the Craft of Everyday Cooking, by Michael Ruhlman.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by experienced chef instructors
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class
Stony Point Fashion Park
- 9200 Stony Point Parkway, Suite 158-A
- Richmond, Virginia 23235
- Get Directions