Vintage Layer Cakes
What You Will Learn
Hardly an occasion or even a day passes that doesn’t create cause for celebration with cake. Join our hands-on class to learn how to assemble the most classic: the decadent and delicious layered cake. Learn a variety of mixing and baking techniques. We’ll cover the basics of creating cake structure, including leavening agents, folding technique, and the importance of precise ratios between dry and liquid ingredients. Finally, we’ll learn how to finish, plate and layer the perfect cake.
Please note: The focus of this class is perfecting the cake and icing, not the decorations.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- This class will run about 3 hours
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by experienced chef instructors
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class
- 803 Town and Country Boulevard, Suite 123
- Houston City Centre, Texas 77024
- Get Directions