Essential Knife Skills with Global *Giveaway*
What You Will Learn
In this knife basics workshop, we’ll show you the ins and outs of what many consider to be a chef's most important tool. You'll master basic knife skills and the fundamental cuts for vegetables (mince, dice, brunoise, bâtonnet and julienne) as well as a few advanced techniques. We'll even show you how to select the right knife for any job, and share tips for keeping all of your knives sharp and well maintained at home.
*Class Bonus: Included with the class price is a Global Nakiri 5½” knife (a $120 value). Thinner and lighter than most chef’s knives, the Nakiri’s versatile blade boasts a razor-sharp edge that effortlessly dices, minces and chops vegetables.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class