How to Cook Everything: The Basics Series *Giveaway*
What You Will Learn
He's one of the country's most respected and well-known food writers, and top food columnist for the New York Times. Mark Bittman's award-winning cookbook How to Cook Everything has been an indispensable kitchen staple since its publication in 1998. Now Bittman's back with How to Cook Everything: The Basics, a gloriously illustrated cookbook for beginner cooks as well as veteran kitchen dwellers. Beautiful step-by-step photographs provide sensible and detailed guidance, as well as encouragement to build your confidence.
Join us as we take Bittman's approach directly to the kitchen. Learn by example and hands-on as we explore basic techniques in three sessions, covering grains, meat and seafood. We'll go over useful information like general techniques, how to choose cuts of meat and seafood, and various practical tips for recognizing doneness, adjusting seasoning and ultimately trusting your instincts. As a special bonus, you’ll go home with a copy of Bittman's How to Cook Everything: The Basics.
*Please note: Class is available only as a three part series.*
*Class sessions are taught by Sur La Table chefs; Mark Bittman will not be in attendance.*
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by experienced chef instructors
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class