Basic Cake Decorating Workshop
What You Will Learn
From birthdays to weddings, nothing marks the occasion like a beautifully decorated cake. In this class, our expert instructor will teach you the basics of decorating with buttercream--how to level and fill the cake, crumb coat, finish coat, and simple piped decorations. We'll teach you how to make a basic buttercream frosting that will put store-bought frosting to shame. Included in the price of the class is a starter set of piping tips and bags to use during class and to keep. And the best part, you'll get to take your completed cake home.
*Please note: This class will focus on decorating, we will not be baking cakes.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class