Kitchen Basics: Inspired by Anthony Bourdain
- - Per Person
What You Will Learn
World famous chef, bestselling author and globetrotting TV star, Anthony Bourdain has an opinion on everything—and, luckily for us, he's not afraid to share. In his memoir, the scathing Medium Raw, Bourdain focuses his incisive wit on one of the biggest problems in today's world. As Bourdain sees it, the ancient art of cooking has lost its proper place as a foundation skill, and the effects are ubiquitous and frightening. So he's decided to make a difference. We've designed this class for food-lovers who never had a chance to acquire the basic kitchen skills required to fend for themselves.
*Class sessions are taught by Sur La Table chefs; Anthony Bourdain will not be in attendance.*
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class