Exploring France: Classic Sauces
What You Will Learn
Join us for our first in a series of classic French techniques as our chef instructor teaches you how to create classic sauces at home. A good repertoire of sauces adds flavor and complexity to your dishes and tempting color and texture to your presentations. And most are simple to make. Together we’ll make a vinaigrette, a classic Béarnaise emulsion sauce and its opposite, mayonnaise, and finally a smooth coulis. You’ll also receive helpful hints for pairing them successfully with meats and desserts.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class