Exploring France: Classic Entrées
What You Will Learn
Second in our series of explorations of classic French approaches to cooking, you’ll have great fun becoming familiar with flavors of France and discovering authentic techniques. Together we will create the perfect sear on scallops, prepare a slow-simmered classic of chicken braised in wine, complete a succulent cook on fresh fish, and pan-cook steaks to tasty perfection. Along the way we’ll create great sauces and seasonings for drawing out or accenting the best flavors from a variety of proteins. Learn for yourself the flavorful secrets of simply prepared food and bring French-style cooking home to your table for any occasion.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 participants
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class