Baking Around the World for Kids
What You Will Learn
Can’t wait for dessert? Become your family’s dessert chef and learn how to make yummy global goodies and baked treat favorites! Join a group of kids and an experienced Sur La Table chef instructor in the kitchen to learn how to make your favorite sweets, snacks and treats from around the world! Kids will master core basics of baking to develop creativity for a lifetime foundation of cooking skills and fun in the kitchen, including how to follow recipes, measuring, mixing, monitoring cooking temperatures and times, and kitchen safety. At the end of each class students will eat their creations.
Kids ages 8-12 are welcome to join our popular hands-on camp. Classes run about two hours each and last for five consecutive days, and each kid chef will take home a packet of the recipes they make. Share your love of cooking with kids through an experience they’ll never forget.
Please note: Classes are only available as a five-day series, no single day enrollments.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 participants
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class