Science in the Kitchen for Teens
What You Will Learn
Calling all teens for an engaging week of cooking and learning scientific fundamentals behind the food they love to eat. All week we’ll get hands-on in the kitchen and engage teens with essential fundamentals such as basic knife skills, following a recipe, monitoring cooking temperatures and times, and kitchen safety. Best of all, we’ll get into the scientific details of cooking, including the importance of specific amounts of ingredients and cooking times. Teens will learn the science behind creating their favorite foods and be able to cook and share dishes with family and friends.
Teens ages 13-17 are welcome to join this popular hands-on camp. Classes run about two hours each and last for five consecutive days, and each teen chef will take home a packet of the recipes they make. Share your love of cooking with teens by giving them a foundation that will benefit them for a lifetime with an experience they’ll never forget.
Please note: Classes are only available as a five-day series, no single day enrollments.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 participants
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class