Science in the Kitchen for Kids & Teens
What You Will Learn
Calling all young chefs for a week of mad-delicious food experiments and learning how to cook your favorite foods! All week we’ll get hands-on and cover fundamentals such as basic knife skills, how to read and follow a recipe, measuring and mixing, and the importance of kitchen safety. Best of all, we’ll get into the fun scientific details of cooking, including the importance of using specific amounts of ingredients and cooking times. Along the way, your kids and teens will learn how to make great food that will impress their family and friends.
Kids ages 8-17 are welcome to join this popular hands-on camp. Classes run about two hours each and last for five consecutive days, and each young chef will take home a packet of the recipes they make. Share your love of cooking by giving them a foundation that will benefit them for a lifetime with an experience they’ll never forget.
Please note: Classes are only available as a five-day series, no single day enrollments.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 participants
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class