Mastering Seafood with Portland's Own Newman's Fish Company
What You Will Learn
Started in 1890 by 13-Year-Old John Henry Newman, Newman's Fish Company has been in the business of selling the best and freshest fish in Oregon for over a hundred years and has become the place to buy seafood in Portland. Now, Newman's Fish is teaming up with Sur la Table to teach you the secret to turning the best of the ocean's bounty into delicious and inspiring meals. Newman's Fish will be in our kitchen to answer all your seafood questions and our chef will walk you through preparing four great dishes from a selection of Newman's seafood.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class