What You Will Learn
Fragrant, fresh-picked peaches…Sticky-sweet plums…Ripe, juicy blueberries…If you've dreamed of capturing the fresh flavors of summer to enjoy all year long, this is the class for you! You'll work alongside other students as our instructor shows you techniques for macerating fruit, making jams and sauces, pickling, fermenting, and more. We'll walk you step by step through canning basics, from filling and sealing jars to the water-bath process. You'll use these skills over and over again to easily create your own sweet or savory preserves–perfect for gifting or simply treating yourself.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 participants
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class