Desserts for Your Valentine
- - Per Person
What You Will Learn
Menu: Chocolate Conversation Heart Cake - Homemade Chocolate-Marshmallow Cups - Nutella from Scratch
Class Description: Baked NYC specializes in (and even obsesses about) all manner of baking Americana. This popular bakery and café in Brooklyn is known for creating crave-worthy treats and we've partnered with co-owners, Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito, for this special Valentine's Day class.
Following Baked recipes, you’ll work alongside other students learning to bake and decorate mini heart-shaped chocolate cakes (Baked’s tribute to the traditional conversation heart), create fluffy homemade marshmallow with a decadent chocolate coating and last, but not least, discover the secrets behind their amazing homemade chocolate-hazelnut spread. Your Valentine won’t be able to resist!
Please Note: Classes taught by Sur La Table chefs. Matt Lewis will not be in attendance.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class