Miyabi Evolution Hollow-Edge Santokus
Size : 7"
The santoku is a versatile blade, capable of smashing garlic cloves, jointing a chicken or dicing onions. This extraordinary knife, designed exclusively for Sur La Table, may also be the most advanced piece of technology in your kitchen. The product of a revolutionary hardening process, the exceptional steel holds a keen edge, while the ergonomic handle, precision balance and rounded spine ensure comfort even during marathon prep sessions.
- Exclusive to Sur La Table, Miyabi Evolution knives represent the next refinement in East meets West cutlery.
- Designed to exacting standards exclusively for Sur La Table, Evolution melds expert artisanship with ground-breaking technology
- Revolutionary FC61 steel pairs fine carbide distribution with an astonishing 61 Rockwell hardness and has never before been used for kitchen cutlery—despite many attempts
- Fine carbide distribution results in a blade that holds an incredibly sharp angle and is extremely durable, with no risk of chipping under normal use
- Double Friodur hardening improves the microstructure of the steel for improved cutting performance, corrosion resistance and astonishing durability
- Each forged, full-tang blade is touched by 46 artisans and is hand-honed via a three-step, dry-sharpening process to an exceedingly sharp 22 to 24 degrees—blades are polished to a mirror finish and have sand-blasted katana edges
- Hollow-ground edge helps keep food from sticking
- Each triple-riveted handle features striking red spacers and is individually weight adjusted; handle undergoes a rigorous nine-step finishing process to ensure perfect ergonomic design
- Comfort-oriented features such as rounded spine, bolster and heel reduce cutting and slicing fatigue; knife is easy to hold in either an Eastern or a Western grip
- Manufacturer: Miyabi
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel; polymer handle
- Dimensions: 5½" or 7" blade
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- Hand wash