Staub Mattone Press
This clever press from Staub was inspired by the Tuscan technique for using a mattone (brick) to create intensely flavorful chicken with incredibly crispy skin. Weighing down a butterflied chicken helps ensure a uniform thickness so it cooks quickly and evenly. Plus, the weight of the ceramic press enables the fat under the skin to render and melt out, delivering the most deliciously crisp skin we’ve ever tasted. We also love using the press to make amazing grilled sandwiches. Designed to work with any skillet, sauté or flat cooking surface greater than 11".
- Ultra-heavy glazed ceramic Chicken Al Mattone press retains moisture and ensures even browning
- Oversized knob allows easy maneuvering even while wearing oven mitts
- Doubles as a press for making paninis, grilled cheese sandwiches and more
- Manufacturer: Staub
- Material: Ceramic
- Dimensions: 11’’ diameter x 1.8’’ H
- Weight: 5 lbs.
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in China
- For use with any skillet, sauté or flat cooking surface greater than 11"
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe up to 500˚F
- Mattone press