Entertaining with 'Choicolate'
What You Will Learn
We are so pleased to host Jamie Choi, head chocolatier at Choicolate in San Antonio, in our Sur La Table kitchen! In this special, hands-on class, Jamie will take you on a journey to a fantastic chocolate world; where chocolate can be fun, adventurous and delicious, like any wonderful trip. We’ll start with the proper method for tempering chocolates, then we’ll make a few truffles and bonbons, little chocolate coins with your choice of toppings, and chocolate dipped strawberries(or other fresh fruits). Finally, she’ll show you how to finish your party tray like a professional.
About Jamie Choi and the Shop
Jamie Choi, head chocolatier of Choicolate artisan chocolates, studied Culinary Arts and Baking and Pastry Arts at St. Philips College. She also has certifications from Chocolate Academy and Ecole-Chocolat. Choicolate is locally owned small business located at 700 E. Sonterra Blvd in San Antonio. The Boutique makes its products artfully with fresh and natural ingredients so customers can satisfy all their senses.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class