Thomas Keller's American Cooking
- - Per Person
What You Will Learn
Any fan of fine food is familiar with the name Thomas Keller. A legend among chefs around the world, Keller is the only American ever awarded simultaneous three-star Michelin ratings for two different restaurants.
While best known for his highly acclaimed haute cuisine, in Ad Hoc at Home Chef Keller expresses his love for a great home cooked meal. In this celebrated book, he steps out of his restaurant kitchen to offer recipes for doable and beloved everyday meals from cuisines around the world. These delicious dishes are everyday staples that are easy for the home cook to make over and over again while improving their culinary skills and confidence.
In this class, based on his book and designed with Sur La Table, our chef instructors will show students how to prepare Keller’s reinterpreted American classics with true restaurant flair. With helpful “light bulb moment” tips, prepare to bring the flavors of the finest kitchens to your table at home.
We’ll share Keller’s methods for bringing together great quality ingredients and proven cooking techniques to consistently create delicious results at home, every time. Students will explore exciting new flavor combinations while learning key professional cooking skills like how to properly season dishes like a pro.
Classes taught by Sur la Table Chefs. Thomas Keller will not be in attendance.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by experienced chef instructors
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class
Photo courtesy Deborah Jones. Used by permission.