Bob Kramer 7" Carbon Steel Santoku Knife by Zwilling J.A. Henckels
Free day delivery plus 24 hours of processing time. Details
Please allow up to 24 hours of processing time during business hours.
This Asian-style knife features a broad blade and especially sharp cutting edge. The word santoku loosely translates as three virtues, a reference to the three cutting tasks the knife performs well: slicing, dicing and mincing.
- Bob Kramer is one of the few Master Bladesmiths in the world specializing in kitchen cutlery
- We worked with the master himself and renowned knife maker Zwilling J.A. Henckels for this exquisite line of carbon steel knives made by artisans in Seki City, the Japanese knife-making capital since the 13th century
- Made using a carbon-steel formulation called 52100 for remarkable strength and unmatched edge retention
- Carbon steel is the first metal formulated to hold the razor-sharp, consistent edge required by modern chefs
- Heat-treated to a hardness of 61 Rockwell, so it comes sharp, stays sharp and is easy to maintain
- Blade is sharpened to 15° on each side of the 50/50 edge with the traditional three-step hand-honed edge
- Features a brass bolster for support
- Comfortable African blackwood handle mirrors the shape of your palm
- The full tang of the blade is tapered to Bob’s precise specifications
- Triple-riveted for strength and control
- Signature brass decorative center pin is handcrafted by Bob himself
- The blade will develop the beautiful blue-gray patina prized by professional chefs. This knife is easy to care for—just keep it clean and dry for a lifetime of unparalleled performance
- Manufacturer: Zwilling J.A. Henckels
- Dimensions: 7"
- Material: High-carbon steel, African blackwood and brass
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- Hand wash; please do not clean with bleach or chlorine