Miyabi Hibana Slicer, 9.5"
- SKU: 4638656
The culmination of a 10-year partnership between Miyabi and Sur La Table, the exclusive Hibana collection features original blade and bolster design combined with a gorgeous 49-layer Damascus pattern on the blades called “Spark” (The English translation of Hibana) that both strengthens and protects. Handles are triple-riveted and have curved, ergonomic bolsters for the utmost comfort using the pinch grip technique preferred by professional chefs—more so than most Japanese knives on the market. Sleek black and brass spacers on the handle add to the beauty of the knives and add a slight heaviness that promotes sturdiness in hand and maneuverability at the tip. Perfect for filleting fish and preparing it for sushi, slicing a ham or roast and more, this extra-long slicer features a straight, narrow blade for thin, even slices and effortlessly smooth draw cuts.
- 49 layers of stainless steel Damascus provide added strength and protection
- Core of FC61 fine carbide with a Rockwell hardness of 61 which gives excellent edge retention and durability
- FRIODURx2 hardening improves the microstructure of the steel for improved cutting performance, corrosion resistance and durability
- Ergonomic, curved bolster for comfort and easy use of professional pinch-grip technique
- Hand sharpened using 3-step Honbazuke process
- Brass spacers add weight and style to the triple-riveted handle
- Manufacturer: Miyabi
- Material: FC61 fine carbide stainless steel, polymer and brass
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- Hand wash only