Miyabi Hibana Steak Knife, 4.5"
The culmination of a 10-year partnership between Miyabi and Sur La Table, the exclusive Hibana collection features original blade and bolster design combined with a gorgeous 49-layer Damascus pattern on the blades called “Spark” (The English translation of Hibana) that both strengthens and protects. Handles are triple-riveted and have curved, ergonomic bolsters for the utmost comfort using the pinch grip technique preferred by professional chefs—more so than most Japanese knives on the market. Sleek black and brass spacers on the handle add to the beauty of the knives and add a slight heaviness that promotes sturdiness in hand and maneuverability at the tip. The Hibana steak knife has a straight blade that, unlike serrated blades, allows it to be sharpened to easily slice through even the roughest cuts of meat without tearing them.
- 49 layers of stainless steel Damascus provide added strength and protection.
- Core of FC61 fine carbide with a Rockwell hardness of 61 which gives excellent edge retention and durability
- FRIODURx2 hardening improves the microstructure of the steel for improved cutting performance, corrosion resistance and durability
- Ergonomic, curved bolster for comfort and easy use of professional pinch-grip technique
- Hand sharpened using 3-step Honbazuke process
- Brass spacers add weight and style to the triple-riveted handle
- Straight blade allows for it to be sharpened, unlike serrated blades
- Manufacturer: Miyabi
- Material: FC61 fine carbide stainless steel, polymer and brass
- Dimensions: 4.5" blade; 9.5" overall length
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- Hand wash only
- Steak knife